Greenscreen as a opportunity?

CoWHentaied

Lostarion and I had a little chat about green screen and if its worth giving it a shot.... Maybe some little demonstration could help
Password: 123
theres a little break till 14 sec .. dun worry it continues :ROFLMAO:
Info.. Since the video I used for it is quite lowres 720p-denoised the results arent that good as if you would use HQ recordings .. the higher the quality the better the result (you can check attachments - according the hair.. this model having transparent hair .. real hair is much denser and wouldn't result in such a bad result) - all in all its quick and dirty just to show a bit of the possibilities

I know those are not the best transitions but it gives a short overview of whats possible.. especially when you think about props & stuff .. either you buy it or you create it digitally... digital could be way to go .. and its not that hard .. time consuming of course (depending on the project) but the concept is quite simple

- take a green screen -with motion markers
- create a 3D enviroment matching the studio (lighting / cameras)
- create the props you want..
- track motion of the video
- create 3d video
- replace everything green with the new background (f.e. Premier pro)

Of course there are some downsides ...
- the background shouldn't emit any light (since the light will be casted on the models or it will be considered prior to shooting)
- the background shouldn't recieve any shadows (of course everything can be modeled but it takes much longer)
- mirrors/reflective material shouldnt be part of the background
- reflections / wet body parts in the scene will reflect the greenscreen and can be a pain in the ass to postprocess

We had topic about a "cave" .. maybe this could be a way to go?
Not sure if you wanna give it a try ?

If you have any questions / request ...shoot away.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Scene01HQ_web.jpg
    Scene01HQ_web.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Scene01HQ4K_web.jpg
    Scene01HQ4K_web.jpg
    869.4 KB · Views: 128

CoWHentaied

Instead of composing the green screen footage over the background the G/S footage can be implemented as plane in the 3d space. So, it has some interactions with the background like reflections, shadows and lighting.
I'm not sure if I understand you here... ? GreenScreen footage = Rendered 3D Animation? Can be implemented as a plane in the 3D Space?

well yes, everything whats recorded and covered in green can later "easyly" be replaced when the position / size is knows ...

Lighting of the studio scene will match the 3D Footage .. no problem
Reflection / Shadows from the scene .. I dont really see an easy way to include those in 3D

CoWHentaied

f*** Dailymotion... lets try this

Thanks for clearing it up ... lol... that video would be much easier to show of the potential of green screen ... so easy and obvious ... 😅👀